We are looking for an expert developer (at least 3 years of work experience) to help us with our ongoing and future projects. You could be a full-stack developer, a WordPress/Drupal developer, or simply, a web developer. If you’re passionate about writing code and wish to grow as a developer while building websites hands-on, we’d love to have you grow alongside us, as we get better at our craft.
Miranj is a web design and development studio based out of New Delhi. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites. We started out in 2011, and have worked on websites for a variety of clients across domains such as film, tech events & conferences, internet advocacy, science outreach, online content publishing, public interest campaigns, and other design studios. We’ve been attending web conferences around the world while also speaking at (and curating) a few in India. We’ve consciously remained small (between 2 – 4 people) while tackling projects collaboratively with peers and freelancers.
- Participating in project planning, strategy and estimation of tasks.
- Information architecture and data modelling, often in the context of a Content Management System (CMS).
- Working closely with designers and suggesting changes based on technical feasibility.
- Translating designs into front-end templates that render as responsive, interactive webpages.
- Building custom features, often to extend CMS functionality by developing plugins.
- Auditing code to meet quality standards expected from modern websites, such as SEO, accessibility, security, etc.
- Optimising websites for performance through caching, image optimisation and other #perf strategies.
- Deploying websites, including setting up and configuring web servers, and related services.
- Migrating websites between servers and data migration across CMSes.
- Maintaining, supporting and upgrading past projects.
- Documenting work and communicating with project teams and clients.
- Learning and staying on top of web standards, development workflows, coding strategies and other industry best practises.
Your work will involve a healthy rotation of all the above. It is not expected that you will stand out at everything on the first day of your job. However, you should already be comfortable with:
- collaborating using version control systems (Git or Mercurial), and
- coding templates from a design mockup, and
- installing, developing and deploying a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Craft CMS, Ghost, Kirby, Statamic, Jekyll, Drupal etc.) powered website.
We believe the following traits will play nicely:
- You favour a long-term relationship over a short stint.
- You are eager to take charge and get stuff done.
- You are open to learning and have the ability to pick up new technologies by reading documentation & tutorials.
- You value your commitments.
- You are good at communication, including writing.
- You have an eye for design and a temperament for design thinking.
- You like sharing ideas on how to make work more fun, meaningful and fulfilling.
- You appreciate coffee and love mountains.
- A healthy compensation, proportionate to the value you can bring to us.
- A cool office, with a stocked pantry, which doubles up as a small co-working space.
- An annual pilgrimage to the mountains, to rejuvenate from the stresses of work and city life.
- Opportunity to work with modern systems and software, with continuous learning.
- Medical insurance.
- A culture that values reason and debate over authority; autonomy over control; slow and considered decision-making over fast and hasty; and a healthy work-life balance.
Just fill out this form. We recommend skipping your résumé or CV and keeping the application informal. Point us to 2 or 3 past web projects that you’re proud of. For each one, mention the project duration, your role, and your contribution. In addition, please share your online presence (such as Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website/Blog). And oh, do mention your hobbies. We’re curious about what you find interesting outside work.
Please ensure that you’ve included active links to projects for us to take your application under consideration.
We do not discriminate on the basis of caste, race, religion, orientation, gender, physical ability, formal education, age, nationality or any such factors.