Wanted: An Experienced Full-Stack Web Developer
Miranj is a web design and development studio based out of New Delhi. We architect information and design radically simple, future-proof websites. We started out in 2011, and have worked on websites for a variety of clients across domains such as film, events & conferences, internet advocacy, science outreach, online publishing, public interest campaigns, and other design studios. We attend web conferences in India and around the world, often as a presenter (or curator) sharing our learnings with the community. We’ve consciously remained small (between 2 – 4 people), while tackling projects collaboratively with peers and freelancers.
- Participating in project planning, strategy and estimation
- Information architecture and data modelling, often in the context of a Content Management System (CMS)
- Converting designs into front-end templates that render as responsive, interactive webpages
- Building custom features and plugins that extend CMS functionality
- Auditing code to meet quality standards expected from modern websites, such as SEO, accessibility, security, etc
- Optimising websites for performance through caching, image optimisation and other #perf strategies
- Maintaining, supporting and upgrading past projects (typically, LAMP stack)
- Data migration from one CMS to another
- Documenting your work and communicating with project teams and clients
- Learning and staying on top of web standards, development workflows, coding strategies and other industry best practices
Your work will involve a healthy rotation of all the above. It is not expected that you will stand out at everything on the first day of your job. However, as a full-stack developer, we expect you to be comfortable with—
- collaborating using version control systems (Git or Mercurial)
- writing PHP code using any modern framework (preferably Yii2)
- working with a templating language (preferably Twig)
- using package managers such as Composer, Npm, etc.
- using build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- working with different data formats such as YAML, JSON, CSVs, etc.
- working with REST APIs
- using the unix command-line
- installing, developing and deploying a CMS-powered website (e.g. WordPress, Craft CMS, Ghost, Kirby, Statamic, Jekyll, Drupal etc.)
- converting design mockups into modular templates
We believe the following traits will play nicely—
- You favour a long term relationship over a short stint
- You are eager to take charge and get stuff done
- You are open to learning, and have the ability to pick up new technologies by reading documentation & tutorials
- You value your commitments
- You are good at communication, including writing
- You appreciate clean, readable code and honour coding style/standards
- You like sharing ideas on how to make work more fun, meaningful and fulfilling
- You believe that an organisation should be run sustainably and with financial prudence
- You appreciate drinking coffee, watering plants and love mountains
What’s on offer?
- Opportunity to work with modern systems and softwares, with continuous learning.
- Projects that are meaningful and socially-conscious.
- A cool office with a stocked pantry, which doubles up as a cosy co-working space.
- Monthly team meal/outing, which we’re told are fun.
- Annual pilgrimage to the mountains, to rejuvenate from the stresses of work and city life.
- Medical insurance.
- A culture that values reason and debate over authority; autonomy over control; slow and considered decision-making over fast and hasty; and a healthy work-life balance.
- A healthy compensation, proportionate to the value you can bring to us.
Note: In light of the current COVID-19 situation you should have a productive work setup at home. This includes access to broadband internet, laptop and a decent mic/camera to join calls.
How to apply?
Just fill out this form. Point us to 3 or 4 past projects/code-bases that you’re proud of. For each one, mention the project duration, your role, and your contribution. In addition, please share your online presence (such as Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website/Blog). And oh, do mention your hobbies. We’re curious about what you find interesting outside work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of caste, race, religion, orientation, gender, physical ability, formal education, age, nationality or any such factors. If you belong to any under-represented community we encourage you to send in your application.
If you’d know a suitable candidate for this opening, kindly refer them to us. If the endorsed candidate is successfully hired we’d be happy to share a referral fee of ₹25,000/- for your gesture.